Sunday 22 May 2016

Southern League Trip Planned


The baseball season is in full swing (maybe someone should tell the Blue Jays), and as I am still between jobs, I'm going to use the time wisely and make a dent in my minor league ballpark count. There are 160 affiliated minor league teams, and I have seen games at 116 active ballparks, leaving 44 to go. The majority of these are in five leagues: Southern, Midwest, Pioneer, Northwest, and Appalachian. Each of these leagues will be the subject of a trip either this season or next. To begin, I'm making a brief trip to the Gulf of Mexico, where four Southern League (AA) teams reside. They all play in relatively small cities that are quite expensive to reach from New York, so I am flying to New Orleans instead. I will start with a Zephyrs game there before moving up to Jackson, Mississippi, where the Braves take on Jackson in a confusing matchup. I'll return to the Gulf Coast for games in Biloxi and a doubleheader in Mobile and Pensacola before returning to New York. The full schedule is below:
Sat, Jun 11 Omaha Storm Chasers at New Orleans Zephyrs (PCL) 6:00 
Sun, Jun 12 Jackson Generals at Mississippi Braves (Southern League) 5:00
Mon, Jun 13 Birmingham Barons at Biloxi Shuckers (Southern League) 7:10
Tue, Jun 14 Jacksonville Suns at Mobile BayBears (Southern League) 12:05
Tue, Jun 14 Montgomery Biscuits at Pensacola Blue Wahoos (Southern League) 18:30
As always, updates will be posted here, so check back regularly.

Best,

Sean




No comments:

Post a Comment